Al Khoory Hotels, the hospitality arm of family-owned UAE conglomerate Al Khoory Group, has announced changes in its executive management with effect from early this year with a view to expand its market presence, drive sales, improve operational efficiencies and to improve its already-high guest reviews and credibility.
Al Khoory Hotels, an emerging force that owns four properties in the mid-market segment in Dubai, is currently on a growth phase with the planned addition of more properties this year and a few more in 2020.
The brand has been in existence since 2009, when the company launched Al Khoory Hotel Apartments. It has since added three more to its portfolio – Al Khoory Atrium Hotel, Al Khoory Executive Hotel and Al Khoory Inn Hotel. All the hotels are in the prime commercial and touristic locations of Dubai.
The changes in the group’s senior management go well with the hospitality company’s growth mantra ahead of the Dubai Expo 2020.
“These are exciting times for Al Khoory Hotels especially in the run up to the Expo 2020 and we believe the team brings the right blend of experience and maturity to spearhead the growth” said Mr. Abdulla Mohamed Tayeb Khoory, vice-chairman of Al Khoory Hotels.
The following top executives have taken over with effect from January, 2019:
- Arun Kumar heads the team as General Manager — Hospitality. He brings to the team more than 27 years of rich and varied industry experience and has worked with several international and regional reputed hotel chains in UAE, Oman and India in Operations, Projects and Sales.
- Ivo Tzvetkov heads the operation as General Manager — Operation and Quality Control. He has great industry experience over 25 years with leading hotel group in UK, China and UAE.
- Bijay Mahtani heads the Sales team for the group hotels. He has been tasked with the critical job of driving more sales of hotel rooms and other facilities. He joins the group after a good stint with a reputed hotel chain in UAE and India.
ABOUT AL KHOORY HOTELS
Al Khoory Group currently has four Dubai properties in its hospitality portfolio under the Al Khoory Hotels brand, a name that has differentiated itself in the marketplace by aligning itself to the Shariah principles of hospitality. Al Khoory Hotels is part of the diversified Al Khoory Group (www.alkhoory-group.com) that has, apart from hospitality, diversified arms in real estate, automobile, equipment trading and servicing, and also assembles water pumps, electric control panels, waste disposal bins and chutes and electric generators. The group has established its presence all over the UAE and Oman.
More about Al Khoory Hotels …
Al Khoory Group currently has four Dubai properties in its hospitality portfolio under the Al Khoory Hotels brand, a name that has differentiated itself in the marketplace by aligning itself to a large extent to Shariah principles of hospitality. The group’s properties are:
- Al Khoory Atrium Hotel, Al Barsha: Set in the heart of New Dubai, Al Khoory Atrium’s close proximity to the Mall of the Emirates and the Central Business District makes it the number one choice for both business and leisure visitors. It is easily accessible to Dubai International Exhibition and Convention Centre, Dubai International and Al Maktoum International airports, Expo 2020 site, the Jebel Ali Port and Free Zone, and the nearest metro station.
- Al Khoory Hotel Apartments, Al Barsha: In an unbeatable location in the “New Dubai” hub, this property is just 30 minutes from Dubai International airport, 10 minutes from Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, 10 minutes from the Burj Khalifa, and walking distance from Sharaf DG Metro Station and the Mall of the Emirates & Ski Dubai. Featuring a range of distinctive facilities and services, it is the perfect accommodation for short- & long-stay business visitors as well as shoppers and families exploring Dubai.
- Al Khoory Executive Hotel, Al Wasl: Located in the heart of Dubai on Al Wasl road next to Iranian Hospital, few minutes away from Jumeirah Beach Park, Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, DWTC & DIFC. Other major landmarks in the vicinity include Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Drydocks World, Dubai Creek Golf Club, and Dubai Zoo.
- Al Khoory Inn, Bur Dubai: This is another favourite of business and leisure travellers again because of its convenient location to Dubai’s historic and cultural heart, and the central business districts. Easy access to popular tourist spots including historic buildings and museums, Al Fahidi Souk, Bank Street, Consulates-General and renowned shopping centres. Walking distance from Burjuman Mall and Al Fahidi Metro station. Blends contemporary amenities with personalised services. Elegant and attractive rooms ensure guests have a truly welcoming and relaxing retreat every time.
Besides the above four, the hotelier is in advanced stages to construct three more properties — one three-star and two four-star hotels — in Dubai. Two more properties in Oman — one in Muscat and one in Sohar — are also in its plans firmed up for the near future. Details of these properties are to be announced shortly.